Friday, August 28, 2009

Miracles

It is an awesome and humbling thing to stand in agreement with others for a prayer concern.
Or to be praying for a group of people and to see hearts begin to change.
Last night I was at a meeting, people were trying to work things out. Clearly there were those who needed to repent and they rather than repent kept trying to justify their actions or would expound on their value and service. We were getting close but not really getting all the way to true repentance. We did not know what to do and rather than just pay lip service to the verse that says. " If my people who are called by my name will humble them selves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways then I would heal their land." Its what I would call a refrigerator verse - found often on magnets. If we really believed that prayer made a difference than we would do it. If we really would turn from our wicked ways. It is so easy to say - that part is for those really bad evil sinners... not for me. It is for me and you, for our complacency, our lack of prayer, lack of courage to speak up for others, pointing fingers, being to busy to have time for our relationship with the Lord. The list can go on and on. It is so easy for us to point out the failures and sins of others. We spend too much time covering up and justifying. Its time to humble our selves, take responsibility for our stuff.
Anyway last night a miracle happened - people prayed and something changed and there was weeping and repenting. People who had wronged others sincerely repented and those who had been wronged forgave.
It was the kind of thing I have read about in books about revivals only I've never really seen it happen before my very eyes. It was honestly amazing.

Another miracle has taken place over the past 3-4 week. .
My friends unborn baby was diagnosed with Turner Syndrome. They told her the baby would need heart surgery at birth and would likely have many other problems due to a missing x chromosome if it even was able to live at all. We started praying about the situation, speaking life and hope, praying that the baby would be born perfect with out any defects. I am happy to say that baby Emma has arrived and is doing great. She did not need any surgery and seems to be normal in every way. Thank you Jesus.

Our God is so awesome.

No comments: