Friday, January 23, 2009

Where has the time gone?

It has been way too long since I have posted anything. So sorry! I have gotten lost in the holidays and now it is already mid January. My best laid plans of regular posting get so easily lost. I suppose I am a creature that runs more on inspiration. When my life gets too busy inspiration seems to fly out the window. I have to make a concerted effort to allow room in my life for creativity, writing, music. There are some things that I am doing very consistently. I am practicing my piano almost daily, I am reading my bible daily, I get up to pray almost every day. For me consistency has always been a struggle. So the past year has been a lot about building some foundational daily habits. It is a victory for me to say that I am daily doing these things. I find that if I do not get those things done early in the day - they are likely to get lost in the rest of the day. So now I need to consider what other things need to be more consistent in my life. A question I need to answer is does this blogging need to have a place of higher priority and greater regularity.

I have found if you make room first for the really important stuff every thing else some how fits in around those things. The trick is determining what things are important. What things need to come first. What things were you created to accomplish. For me it is not so much making resolutions to do a particular thing but knowing that there are things like daily prayer and time in the word that help me be better able to deal with what each day holds. For me it is vital.
Piano is something I feel specifically called to master. I have a long way to go - yet to accomplish this goal I must be committed to regular daily practice. I know that while it may be difficult at this time I know by sticking with it I will reach the goal of being able to play the piano. How that may affect or change my life is yet to be seen. It has already caused one of my children to want to also learn piano. Who knows how the choices and disciples we see as important enough to make a priority today - how they will affect our live tomorrow.
So I continue to hope that no matter when someone might find them selves reading these post that they would find with in them hope for your own life in making room for the important things. For each of us those things are very different the discipline of making room in our lives for those thing is the same. What are the important things and are you making room for them. If you do not determine which things are important and then make regular time for those things you may find your self asking where has the time gone? It is not to late to get started.

No comments: